New Zealand Societies, Tourist Railways and Museums.
|Rimutaka Incline Railway
– A well presented website by The Rimutaka Incline Railway Heritage Trust.
|Weka Pass Railway
– Waipara (Christchurch) – a very informative & well presented website. Loads of info, loads of photos.
|Fielding and District Steam Rail Society
– The steam rail society in Fielding and Districts.
|Glenbrook Vintage Railway
– A site by The Railway Enthusiasts Society Inc in Auckland.
|Mainline Steam Trust
– A Steam restoration and excursion organistation operating many locos on lines throughout NZ.
|Oamaru Steam & Rail Restoration Society
– A detailed site on the Society and locomotive B10 at Oamaru.
|Ocean Beach Railway, Dunedin
– The Otago Railway & Locomotive Societies website.
|Pleasant Point Museum & Railway
– West of Timaru. They have a lot more to offer than their website suggests.
– A nice website by The West Coast Historical and Mechanical Society Inc.
|Silver Stream Railway
– A well organised Upper Hutt Org. Big site, large collection of locomotives. They seriously need more photos!
– Paekakariki (Wellington). Some good information, history and photos.
|Taieri Gorge Railway
– Otago’s premier railway excursion. Nice website, even better trip!
|The Plains Vintage Railway and Historical Museum
– Located near Ashburton, nice website, nicer place, lots to see & do and home to K88!
|The Pahiatua Railcar Society
– A good website with plenty of information and photos on their fleet of railcars.
International Railway Museums
British National Railway Museum in York, UK
Darlington Railway Centre and Museum
US National Railroad Museum, Wisconsin
Illinois Railway Museum
California State Railroad Museum Sacramento, California
National Rail Museum, India
Other Railways links
Heritage trains and trams in New Zealand – New Zealand National Federation of Railway Societies (FRONZ)
National Railway Museum of New Zealand
New Zealand Railway & Locomotive Society Inc
Sandstone Estates, Eastern Free State, South Africa
Heritage Railway Association, UK
Association of Railway Museums