Q Class Coal Wagon No. 1525
Built circa 1953 by NZ Railways at Addington Workshops, Christchurch, It was renumbered as Q.8324 in 1978. In 1984 it was Written Off at Westport as obsolete.
These wagons were designed so that the body could be lifted off the underframe by crane at which point doors underneath would release and drop the coal directly into the holds of the ships at Greymouth and Westport.