Moorhouse Signalbox (ex Templeton Station)
The Moorhouse Signalbox contains a mechanical level signal frame that was manufactured in England in 1901 and installed at the Signalbox built at Templeton Station on the railway line south of Christchurch.
The building was relocated to its site on the Ferrymead Railway at Ferrymead Heritage Park in 1970.
It is in regular use ensuring the safe operation of all trains running on the Ferrymead Railway.
The building was originally taller, having been shortened by six feet to the dimensions of a New Zealand Railway’s standard type “K” Signalbox.
It retains the original Eighteen Level frame manufactured by McKenzie and Holland of Worcester, England.